Customs consulting services
Need a quick answer for a specific question? Try our Express consulting Service!
At present time the number of foreign companies exporting goods into Russia is on the increase. Moreover, more and more foreign exporters tend to establish their own legal entities in Russia which act as importers of record. Thus, the trend for so-called «direct supplies» (i.e. supplies without distributors and intermediaries) is now quite widespread in Russia.
In this respect it should be noted that importers encounter certain problems, and the problem of customs clearance in Russia is the most important one.
The point is that Russian customs legislation is rather complicated even for Russian companies. Moreover, it is constantly being changed due to specific policy of the Russian Government (e.g. establishment of the Customs Union among Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan etc.).
Russian customs bodies often use the above situation and charge the importers and exporters with additional customs payments (e.g. customs duty, import VAT) which actually should not be paid. Furthermore, customs bodies often demand additional documents (e.g. certificates, licenses etc.) which are not stipulated by current legislation and thus should not be demanded.
For this reason, if you are either importing goods into Russia or just planning to do that, we would be happy to provide you with high-quality advisory services on the following customs issues which may arise in Russia:
- Customs valuation issues (e.g. which components should be included into customs value and which should not; which valuation methods customs bodies should apply in your specific case and why, other issues)
- HS codes of goods applied in Russia
- The usage of exemptions from customs duty and import VAT (e.g. importation of goods as in-kind contribution to the charter capital of a Russian company, importation of certain types of technological equipment which is not produced in Russia)
- Minimizing customs payments by using specific customs procedures (i.e. temporary importation, inward processing etc.)
- Declaring of goods to customs bodies (the list of documents which should accompany a customs declaration and other practical issues)
- The Customs Union of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan: practical issues and on-going changes
- The liability for violations of customs rules (fines, seizure of goods etc.)
If you have a question or would like to apply for our services, you may use the form below to contact us. You can also reach us by E-mail or phone listed at the Contacts page.
|Service, you're interested in|
|Your question / request|
|Attach a file|