Experiments on labeling of certain types of products on the territory of the Russian Federation
The Russian government proposes to conduct experiments in the marking of the following types of products:
- canned food (meat, vegetable, fruit preserves) – may 1, 2022 to February 28, 2023.
- pet food (except agricultural), Packed in consumer packaging – from may 1, 2022 to February 28, 2023.
- certain types of alcoholic beverages (wines, vermouth, sparkling, alcohol, liqueurs) from 1 June 2022 to 31 August 2023;
- food fish products (salted fish, canned shellfish, crustaceans) from 1 April 2022 to February 28, 2023.
- non-alcoholic beverages in parts of juices and juice products (juices, compotes) from March 1, 2022 to February 28, 2023.
- non-alcoholic beverages with the exception of juices and juice products (water, kvass, instant drinks, etc.) from March 1, 2022 August 31, 2022
Also, the Ministry of Industry and Trade plans to conduct another experiment in the field of mandatory labeling of products. This time the product group for labeling will be electronics.
The formation of a list of products that will be subject to labeling has not yet been completed, the list may include laptops, tablets, smartphones, e-books, computer components, printed circuit boards and other products.